It’s all about communication - the rest is technology
Interprefy offers standard stand-alone cloud-based solutions as well as tailor-made hybrid solutions in combination with on-site audio equipment, depending on the technical conditions of the venue and the requirements of the organisers.
Remote Interpreting: Configurations
Stand-Alone Automated Cloud-Based Solution:
- Speaker and audience use only their smartphones, tablets or laptops to listen to the remote interpreter, no further equipment is needed
- Interprefy’s platform can be accessed via the “Interprefy” mobile app, which can be downloaded for free for both iOS and Android devices or via Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Opera browser
- No on-site booths or audio equipment are required – just a stable Wi-Fi connection or mobile network
- Fast set-up, ideal for smaller audiences
- When the Internet connection is created by a wireless hotspot or by using mobile data network, a completely mobile event can be created.
When the venue room is already equipped with microphones and possibly cameras, the Interprefy Solution can connect to this AV equipment, benefitting from an already optimized sound and video system.
- The presenter speaks into the microphone connected to the on-site audio system.
- The Interprefy platform is connected to the local audio system through a laptop with sound card.
- High-quality video of the speaker and venue from one or several cameras can be streamed to the interpreter
- Sound and video is monitored by a local on-site AV technician
- Audience uses smart devices to hear the interpreting.
INTERPREFY HYBRID PLUS
- Similar to the Interprefy Hybrid configuration, but with a radio/IR transmitter and traditional headphones at the venue. The audio signal from the interpreters is streamed to the Interprefy laptop, which is connected to the transmitter
- Any problems with Wi-Fi streaming to the audience are avoided
- Compared to traditional configuration, user experience is unchanged.
- Ideal if delegates don’t have smartphones or cannot be expected to download apps onto their smartphones
- Additional languages can be easily set up without having to install booths for the interpreters.
INTERPREFY TOUR GUIDE
Solution in combination with a traditional tour guide system:
- The speaker or guide uses a smartphone as microphone and transmitter
- A second smartphone is used as receiver, it feeds the interpreter’s voice from the headset connection into the mobile tour guide system.
- The tour guide system streams audio directly to the attendees’ receivers
- As an alternative, a mobile hotspot or a mobile phone can be used to build a local Wi-Fi which transmits the audio from the interpreters to the mobile phones of the group
INTERPREFY VIA BOOTHS
Solution in combination with interpreters working from off-site booths:
- In order to provide interpreters with a familiar working environment, they can work from traditional booths located at interpreting agencies or academic institutions.
- A high degree of stability is achieved by having interpreters work in a central location and under controlled conditions.
- Interprefy applies best practices for network security – a 128-bit encryption across all communication streams is used; SRTP encryption is used for media and DTLS-SRTP for key negotiation.
- Interprefy’s software is installed on dedicated servers on several continents
- Separate cloud-based sessions and language rooms – which are accessed by individual tokens – are created for each event
- Guarantees that no voice data is recorded or stored can be provided, unless required by the client
- Confidentiality is assured – the interpreters provided by Interprefy and the staff have all signed NDAs
Interprefy © 2017 All Rights reserved