Anna Titlova, Head of Sales and Marketing for Interprefy, visited the SportsAccord Convention to discuss the use of Interprefy’s new software.
The SportAccord Convention is a not-for-profit organization which annually brings together representatives from more than 100 International Sports Federations.
Interprefy can help with sporting events, like Sports Accord, in a variety of ways:
- Executive Board Meetings: If the members of executive meetings do not share a common language, the Interprefy platform is an excellent solution to facilitate communication. The committee members can talk into gooseneck microphones (if already installed in the room), or, if there are no microphones, they speak into handheld USB microphones. They can listen to the interpreting either with smart devices.
- Seminars/workshops: At seminars and workshops, all the coach needs is a laptop and a USB microphone to speak into. Participants use smart devices to listen to the interpreting being provided.
- General Assemblies: If you’re staging a large conference, with Interprefy’s solution you don’t need to fly in interpreters and pay their travelling and accommodation costs. The delegates listen to the interpreting with smart devices or can use traditional radio/IR headphones.
- Interviews in the mix zones. If journalists are looking to interview different sportspeople that don’t share a common language, all the two parties have to do is use the Interprefy app on their smartphones. They speak into the microphone and listen to the interpreter right then and there. There’s no need for an interpreter on site; all you need is a Wi-Fi connection.
- If you are organizing a press conference, you can now forget about the hassle of organizing interpreters for the various languages you might need at your press event! You can offer simultaneous interpreting at your press conference at short notice for as many languages as you want, without having to install interpreting booths and having to get interpreters to come to the site.